Jeffrey has a deep respect for architecture, based on his early training as an architect and later as an environmental graphic designer. In his 20 years in creating signage for the built environment, Jeffrey has worked on medical, civic, retail, residential and corporate projects, and also collaborated with many signage fabricators. He has an understanding for the possibilities and limitations of signage and maintaining the project aesthetic without overrunning the budget. He is passionate about contributing to and creating better places and spaces through creative, well-thought-out graphic applications. Jeffrey holds a Bachelor degree in Architecture and Graphic Design from California College of the Arts.
“I really love designing a tight set of construction documents, including all the important details so the fabricator can bring it to life.”
- ADA Code Requirements for Signage
- California Building Code Requirements for Signage
- Wayfinding Solutions
- Sign Detailing for Fabrication
Along with working at Shannon Leigh, Jeffrey enjoys working with wood, making improvements at his home, which he refers to as “nesting,” and cooking. His meatloaf is a favorite and occasionally he makes paella. He also serves on the school board of his daughter’s school, St. Robert (his alma mater) and coaches her soccer team.
- Favorite color: Any shade of orange
- Favorite book(s): A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson and Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
- Favorite TV show: 30 Rock – some of the best writing on TV, ever.
- Favorite movie: The Bird Cage – if you ever need a laugh it has some waiting for you.
- Favorite band/music: Right now it’s a toss up between Penguin Prison or Grimes, but it may be different the next time you ask him. If it’s got a beat and you can dance to it, most likely he likes it.